Saturday 17 November 2007

Blackpool Northern lights my second day

Didn't play in the comp only went down to play cash.
The place was pretty live with action. Cash tables all over the place and organisation was rubbish as usual.
Sat down with £50 in front of me and pretty much just assessed the table for the first 30mins or so. Action on the table was pretty hot and the guy 2 seats to my left was on a blufing mission.
I built my stack from £50 to about £180 when i decided it was time to have a go back at the Jamie Gold wannabe.
Blinds where 2 and 2 Mr bluffer bluffer was on the button after 3 limper's in the pot I flat call with ace jack another 2 callers and MBB ( mr bluffer bluffer) insta raises o £10.
I had already worked out that a £10 raise means jack shit and a £20 raise means a decent hand.
He gets 2 callers then me to act so i re raise another £40 to go, his turn to act and he pushes all in sounds crazy but i put my self ahead or him on a shitty pair. You can probably say this is a silly move but I called knowing 50/50 at worse and if i don't make a stand against him then he is going to trample the table and me for the rest of the night. I call it turns out he has 33 and i flop an ace and the rest was history. MBB stands there looking at me in disgust and said it was a brave call. I explained to him that he shouldn't underestimate me.
Table after that was mine outplayed people left right and centre got the usual hands that i had to pay a few people off but that happens now and again.
Half way through the night a pissed up guy came to the table with a lot of money in front of him.
Problem with him was he wasn't sure what a good hand was.
A lot of evidence showed that he was happy to put a few hundred in the middle with top pair shit kicker so but also over played his big hands, so it was very hard to some his play up.
Got involved with him in a monster when I turned trip kings queen kicker the only hand can beat me is a full house but i put him on that or ak and he didn't raise pre flop. I pay him off and he turns over ak. I,m out kicked what i couldn't get my head around was why he didn't raise pre when he was on the button when he had ak 3 times previous and raised ever single time.
I finished the session on a decent plus figure so I'm happy enough........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home