Sunday 26 August 2007

$30 f/o blue square 66th/222 runners

OK folks the cards are in the air again.... Sat in seat 6 first table no one on there I know and no previous notes so as usual I will sit out and see whats happening and wait for the premium hands to arrive, 222 runners for tonight's comp, 3000 starting chips prize pool paying out to top 30 places.
OK end of the first level no hands to get involved with yet, blinds 15/30 and my stack is 2970t.
205 players remain current position 85, 16 hands played and I've been moved tables already I hadn't played a hand on other table so my image is worthless now.
Made a call in late position wit aq raised by an idiot missed flop and he put me all in, so I folded.The next hand I'm in late position after three limper's with 67 spades, flop comes and gives me a spade draw and a flush draw, he bets I call turn comes and I'm open ended and flushing he bets again I get all my chips in the middle and fill the straight on the end to beat his pocket kings putting me on 5180t.
Just taken a knock when called in sb and hit second pair, I got min raised after I bet it and I called then folded to a bet on the end, 43oot. Bad play from me really, the guy already showed that he bets when catches big part of it and I should of folded my second pair.
150 remain, average chips 4k, blinds 50/100.
Found myself limping into a few to many pots being priced in getting 9/2 when its my turn to act with hands like kj, would be better raising or mucking straight away.
3500t current 75/116 blinds 75/150.......... on a break not in bad shape but have to admit i have squandered a few chips not happy about that table has lots of tight players on it but i have got both the large stacks to my immediate left and right hand side so it they that are swallowing the action and its hard to get involved with out a hand.....blinds 100/200 56 hands played but happy enough that i haven't had decent cards so far lets hope they are on their way......moved again to another table 1h 14 mins gone....3290t...... average chips at the minute is 7.5k I'm currently on 2900t blind at 150/300 so it could be time to shake it up and hope table see i haven't played a hand yet....I'm early get jj one limper i push as there is a couple of big stack after me and i get no callers.....3690t... i showed.....74 players left I'm 65th....all three stacks in my stealing range has over 20k not looking good at all!!!! out in 66 all in kt got called by aj all over....... not too beat up about the way i played it. it was one of those comps where i just wasn't getting cards early on to build a stack to play with... when i did take a chance and doubled up I found myself having to make compulsory calls in late position with cards i prob wouldn't normally play but in the situations were I'm getting like 9/2 and 5/1 to see a flop and those odds cant be passed when u have chips at the end of the day if your getting 9/2 for your investment pre flop your priced in unless u suspect a raiser is sitting after you to act ......... no return on investment is the downside but from a positive point of view I didn't throw away any chances the cards and situations just didn't arrive, next time fellas.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home