Monday 22 October 2007

Blackpool update

Arrived just on time to make the last entry stage due to the traffic in Blackpool, took me the best part of 1 1/2 to get there.
Sat down with 3k to start off with table seemed to be very solid then opened up a bit after 20 mins.
Got dealt A4 suited in a late position with about 4 people already in the pot, so called 100 to see a flop. Comes come down I catch but flush straight flush draw and a gut shot. Checks around to me and I bet out for 400 trying to build the pot. Get 1 caller on my left and the sb that had checked then pushes all in, the fish next to him calls and the guy on my left is getting worked up to call himself. My turn to act I'm getting 5/2 my money so all the chips go in and guy on my left folds. Sb has trip 5's fish has a gut shot. I hit the flush on the turn and the board doesn't pair. Grand job I'm up to 6,800 and took my double chance as well 9,800.
Next hand i got involved with was kq. Get in in a late position flop comes down q high I bet out get called by the fish and then sb re raises. I end up laying the hand down because of the sb's history ( limping in mid position with aa after limper's and check raising on the flop) the fish calls him on the turn all the chips go in the middle. The fish had Q8 top pair queen shit kicker, the sb was on a flush draw and missed. Yes i had folded a monster....
Big hand for me was getting involved with ak, raiser in middle position for 300 i Re raise to 900 (i think) and get called flop comes down J high. Other player bets out 600 I'm sure at this stage he isn't to sure whether his hand is good or not so I decide to explain by raising to 1500.
He calls at this stage there where 2 diamonds on flop. Turn brings another diamond so my gut is telling me that he might very well of been on the draw. He bets out 300 ( wtf) I raise again 2k he calls I'm now sure that the guy has a flush river comes no help for me what so ever he checks and Muck my cards he shows kj in his hand no straight.
This hand put me on a bit of a downer because I thought the player I was up against show of been able to fold such minimal holdings.
The next hand was great, I have decided that the table is only raising with premiums pre and if they miss flop they are out of there.
It comes around to me in a late position I enter pot with J9 pot size is 700 going to the flop.
I have a cracking tell on the fish and he bets out on the flop for 1k everyone starts to him and ha that he's slow playing pre or tripped on the flop. I think different I think I'm streets ahead with my kicker, just need to ask a question ( if u like). It folds to me and I say to him "will I had hit it as well mate I just hope I don't have kicker trouble" as the guy's bottom lip went and he had another look at his cards I know he his hit the 9 just praying he has a shit kicker as usual.
At this stage I call the 1k bet. Turn comes a 10 no help for either of us I'm sure and the guy bets out another 1k I said " ok then lets do it ) and put all my chips in the middle. At first he thinks its only another 3oo to call and puts that in, then thinks its 700 and puts that in, dealer tells him different and he reluctantly puts the rest in. Total pot in the middle now about 8k and I was over the moon to see his face when i turned over j9 and he showed 95 off. Yes he had hit the 9 with a 5 kicker and was happy to call my all in.
Just a shame he got a lot happier when that lovely dealer gave him his 5 on the river........
boy o boy was i sick. The only thing I won from it was the satisfaction to have the faith back in my gut instinct to make the right play .........
Til next time....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home