Wednesday 29 August 2007

$100 double stack freeze out vc poker

This is a comp I have liked and never seemed to get the chance to play in it, and so tonight's the night, lets hope the poker gods are with us, or at least with me any way.
I think my main thought process going in to this game is to make sure I play tighter than a tight thing. Its a double stack so that means starting with 4k in chips with normal blind structure so I really don't think there is any point in getting involved early doors. I'm not the type of player that gets so concerned about building a stack early on I feel the cards will usually fall one way or another. So that means that whilst not playing any hands the time is used sensible to work out who's doing what how weak, tight, aggressive,fishy the table is playing. I think this is the most important part of poker because when it comes time to mix it up with someone I need to know the best way to play them, weather I have a hand or not. That's why the pro's seem to go on about playing hands differently all the time, its because there is always a better way to play one player than another. I'm not going to start writing a book, but you know what I mean.
Time now is 8.40pm so I've got 15 mins before the start, so I will get a coffee sorted and the smokes at the ready.
The cards are in the air
Only 10 minutes gone so far and nothing really happening yet, very few players showing any cards, table playing tight.
My first hand I flat called an utg raiser with aj flopped my ace and he bet into me the whole way turns out he flopped two pair, aces and tens.
Total of 91 players entered 82 left blinds still at 15/30.
Still not really anything happening at the minute raised up with ak in early position got a caller then had to fold when I bet out and got raised for half my stack.
Total chips 2485, nothing to worry about at the minute with the blinds being so small but would be good to get the better side of healthy on the chip front.
Nightmare, I get in late with with ten jack off suit and got called from the chip leader, I flop two pair and bet straight out the turn is a king, I check he bets, I re raise all in and he calls he has ace jack, one pair, the river brings another king to pair the board. As you know this forfeits my pair of tens and he wins on the ace kicker. Well that was a pretty nasty out draw better luck next time. Take it the poker gods didn't have their eye on me tonight, till next time, may your pots be monsters and all that crap....... skipper

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home