Wednesday 12 September 2007

$6000 Gtd Blue Sqaure 1st place

Decided not to write my blog on this game as I was finding it tough following PO and writing the blog at the same time.


The game was a $20 freeze out with just over 300 runners I think it was. The poker site shut down on me and I lost connection just before starting the final table and for some reason the specifics didn't show on my tournament history.


I played the game pretty much the same as usual and was really tight.


The first hand i got involved with was pocket kings and they arrived just after getting moved tables on the first hand. I had been dealt them on the button and after 5 limpers in the pot I decided to move all in with them to make it look like a steel which it must of when I got called by one of the limpers with pocket nines.


I doubled up on that hand and again was really tight not playing another hand til I got moved again about 20 mins later and got dealt pocket aces. This time someone had gone all in after a raiser so it was a straight forward call for me and the first raiser folded and they held up.


The key hand in the game was when a really aggressive player had limped in utg when I was on the sb. I got dealt pocket 10's. Utg limps in and in folds all the way to me. I thought this very suspicious from him as he had been raising from every position and so thinking I was already behind I flat called looking for another ten on the flop. The bb checks and we see a flop which arrives ten high. Bingo. I don't want to check raise the guy just in case he has the discipline to lay down a monster so I bet straight out but only the minimum trying my best to look weak and hoping he sticks them all in. The bb folds and true to the script utg sticks all his chips in the middle and turns over pocket kings when I call. This put me straight up to about third place out of probably 150 players or so. I kept my game pretty tight from there on in.

I didn't play as aggressive as usual, found myself only getting involved when I was priced in getting 9/2 or better on the blinds and picked up a couple of pots then by check raising a few weak bets.

I stayed in and around the top of the leader board the rest of the game. Don't think there was a time I had all my chips in the middle after that until I hit the final table.

By the time the final table arrived there was I think 4 short stacks and I was chip 2nd chip leader.

Took a knock when a few of the short stacks had gone and the table had settled a bit. I had started to gear my game up a bit when I got re raised by a player putting himself all in for not much more. I only had q6 suited but had to call, i was getting 5/1 at the time. He had A10 and it held up for him but I lost about 30k in the hand.

This took me down to about 60k with the leader on 110k.

Got gifted with pocket aces on bb when chip leader raised and got a caller. It folded to me and I actually typed in the chat box that I had the big fellas. Sounds crazy but at that stage I would of been very happy to take the pot down with out a gamble. Anyway the chip leader folded and the other guy didn't believe me. He called with AQ. My aces held up and and I was chip leader again.

Turned it right up then got real aggressive and managed to take another couple out and soon I was heads up.

Heads up was pretty handy he got lucky on me when I had pocket 8's i think it was when he spiked a queen, then I outplayed him to get it back up square again.

Final had I raised up with pocket 9's and he shoved with pocket 4's and my 9's held up.
All in all I was very pleased with the way I played, i think the key to the game was very very solid when tables were lively. Took my chances when they arrived against players I knew could fold a hand, and getting aggressive in the right situations when the field started to tighten up. $1788.96 for a $20 investment, very pleased indeed. Later folks.................................skipper

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home