Wednesday 5 September 2007

Out come of Blackpool

Well it really didn't go as planned lol..

Went for a meal in the restaurant before hand and must say that apart from them serving us the wrong steaks, it was excellent. Any one thinking of going to the Blackpool G must make time to use the restaurant. Food excellent and the overall look and feel of the place is somewhere u really feel relaxed in.

As for the poker. Started off very relaxed indeed and didn't play a hand in the first two orbits then got involved very passive like with a few decent aces in late position and was really neither up nor down.
The table I was sat on seemed surprisingly tight with a couple of faces that I know are very steady players, and although I didn't know many others there seemed to be at least three more good players on the table that were very capable of mixing it up when needed.

I took my second chance after a few players had doubled up on the table and had around the 5.5k mark when a big hand arrived.

A player that has been playing really tight utg limps into the pot and I think he is coming in with a premium hand looking to limp raise with it. He gets two more limpers and I look down at 67 suited of hearts. I don't think for a minute that this is a good hand but with three limpers and the blinds that will probably be in the pot I will be getting huge odds and if this guy is on a monster I might very well get all his chips if my hand hits big.

Sure as I said the blinds come in as well for a total pot of approx 1800. Flop comes down A77 and right away the limper looks happy with his flop and bets out 1k.
I cant put him on aces no way he is betting into the flop with so many behind him with the second nuts so I have him on a big ace.

my thought process here was either to call or raise but there are also two diamonds on the board and so I thought it best to raise to get rid of any one calling with a flush draw for average so I made it 2800 total to go if I take it down here I'm happy enough. But then the guy on the sb moves all in. Second thought process. Straight away my gut instant said I was behind but then after the initial limper/better folds I go into the think tank for a minute or more like five.

This guy had been playing tight only showing pocket aces, and pocket queens twice and played them aggressively when he hand them, but since had loosened up a little. If he has a 7 I am most likely out kicked and if he is playing an ace he would not of moved in the way he did. Finally I decide he could have 1 of two hands. 1 he has a 7 might be out kicking me maybe not, but if he has I'm still in with a good chance of splitting the pot and if he has a flush draw I might still be in front. I count my chips and if I fold I only have about 2k left and I already have about 3k in the pot, I feel at this stage I'm pot committed and call. Sure enough the guy turns over k7 no more help from me and he wins the pot.
I had him covered in chips by a few hundred so I got 600 back.

I played on and managed to double up a few times and got my stack back to 2500 but with the blinds at 300 600 I found myself having to get them in when it folded to me with 94 of spades. I got 1 caller with aq. Flop comes and I hit my nine but when the turn brings a ten he has a gut shut going into the river and of course it arrives, one of those four hooks bangs straight in there and makes my challenger look really unhappy. His reason for being unhappy was that he didn't know he had a straight until I stood up and wished him luck along with the rest of the table.

Final thoughts about the game was that I think I played well. I took advantage of a tight table when I had the opportunity and even laid down pocket queens pre flop in one hand where the two people contesting it had trip aces and a full house eventually so I can only be happy with my play and unhappy with the out come. I might even consider trying again lol.

Til next time may the gods be with you and more with me ........skipper

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home