Friday 21 September 2007

$7.5k Blue Square 2nd place

This was a double stack game starting with 4k in chips not really play that much only because it never has that many runners and so the return on investment isn't really that good.

I think the total runners for the comp was 77 runners.

The game started off pretty dreadful to be honest I seemed to get caught up with a lot of mid pairs and my stack dwindled to around half with in the first 30 hands or so.

This has to be the worst start possible for me as my usual game is to stay out of the early mental shit and find out the goings on but it wasn't to be.

The hand that got me back into the was one that most people would be ashamed to admit but here it is. I decided that the table would be respectful enough to notice a slow played monster so I limp under the gun planning to set up the move. I get a a raiser in mid position that hasn't played a hand for a bit so its premium only in his holdings. Everyone else folds and i re raise from my position and he calls. The flop comes ace high and I bet out minimum and he re raises min and i call. At the point i put him on a big ace but I have hit the 6 on the flop with the pot odds of about 8/1 i have to call. The turn comes a blank I check he bets minimum. Now its probably time to fold but its now a huge pot and my odds are still there to win a monster if I hit a 6 or 8 on the river. I called and the 8 arrived i check he bets i min raise he calls with his ak and i win this puts me back up to my starting stack for the first time since the game began.

I really tightened up only playing premiums and late position as usual.

The next hand i came across i raised in late position with 44 and get one caller from the bb. He also has been tight so I have him on a hand. The flop comes ace high with he bets out the pot, there is a flush draw on the board and I hit my 4, so I shove all in looking a bit weak and he calls with aq. My trips 4s stand and I'm on about the 10k mark.

At this stage I'm in good position because the table was really tight so I took advantage of stealing blinds from a late position and being a bit aggressive on the flops.

I built my stack up to 16k when the hand of the game arrived.

I'm on the sb and it folds around to me and I flat call the bb min raises and I call.

Flop comes down 88k i got k8 in the hole. I check he bets min i call. Turn comes i bet out min looking like I'm an idiot and he calls. The river brings an ace. I think he prob had a big ace any way so for a pot that stands about 3k I put all my chips in the middle looking like I'm bulling and unfortunately for him he had aj and called instantly lol.
That put me in a real strong position with about 25k in chips and to be honest I didn't really see many more hands before the final table. All I managed to do was pop in a couple of steals and build my stack that way. If there was any difference to my game than usual, it was that I was calling in more situations pre flop than normal then being more aggressive after the flop.
Final table went well, there was a few short stacks. As normal I sat out a bit whilst they all tried to double up and it wasn't very long before I was heads up.
The heads up was all going my way. I think my heads up game has improved ten fold over the last couple of weeks. ( by playing a lot more heads up matches online) The hand that broke my heart was when I got all my chips in the middle with ace ten and he called. Flop brought me a ten the river gives him a queen to fill a runner runner straight.
After that I should of been out but I was able to get it back up to all square again.
Final hand was when we went to a flop he bet out I made a move over the top with 2 overs he called. No help on the turn and river and it was curtains for me....
2nd place paid $1540 so I was happy with that....... may you're cards be live and all that, Skipper..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home